10 Kasım 2012 Cumartesi

Hello World! Installing Ubuntu to Lenovo Z570 Notebook


This is my first release to my blog. I'm starting with an important but simple issue: Installing Ubuntu 12.04 to my Lenovo Z570 Notebook. Installing any Linux distro is not a difficult job, but if you do not want to damage your Windows 7 and Windows Recovery partitions in harddisk and also if you want to use multiple OS at the same time, this publication will be useful for you.

First of all, I shall thank to Edwin W. Meyer who provides very useful informations in his website for this issue. (http://edwinmeyer.com/LenovoUbuntuWin7DualBoot.html)

I've followed the instructions up to the section "4. Install Ubuntu 10.10". The instructions above this section is highly important for a proper installation. When I come to the section 4 of the document, I started the Install procedure but I did not choose the custom one, I chose the option "Install Ubuntu Alongside Windows 7". Ubuntu found my unallocated space which is located at the very beginning of D drive and installed itself to that area. It also arranges all stuff related with Windows and Linux bootloaders. So when system rebooted, everything was fine. In Boot menu Ubuntu 12.04, Windows 7 and Windows Recovery selections are available. All of them is functioning properly, even the recovery button.

Thanks to Ubuntu 12.04 for smoothing our way to victory!..

References
http://edwinmeyer.com/LenovoUbuntuWin7DualBoot.html



   




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder